Personal trainings for kids
Learning to love and respect the water is an important step for a child and we are very proud to offer a highly-successful, fun and innovative way for your child to learn to swim correctly, safely and quickly. At Swim Lessons Hawaii swim school, we approach each one of our swim lessons with great care, passion and individual attention. Therefore, our kids swim lessons allow for a very customized swim programs that are tailored to each child's individual needs. Our highly-trained instructors will stay focused on your child throughout the lesson and help your children to discover confidence and joy in the water.
At Swim Lessons Hawaii, swimming classes for kids are tailored to the
needs of each child, so that they can progress at a comfortable pace.
For the first-time participants, during the first swim lesson Swim Lessons
Hawaii private swim instructor will assess the child's swimming skills
and propose a swimming development plan. Although children may advance
at various paces, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the
instructions they need.
Our swim lesson program covers the full range of learn-to-swim and water safety skills. The program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving a child the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, we are building child's confidence in the water.
Below are the examples of some of the swim skills that children will be thought during our swim lessons:
- Level 1: Our introduction to water class, rules and safety in the water. The focus is on building confidence in the pool and gaining the student's trust and comfort being in the water. The swimmers will be learning bobbing, going under water, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding, supported flutter kick drills, and rhythmic breathing.
- Level 2: Fundamental skills. Swimmers will be working on independent front and back floating, independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, basic (supported) front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, jumping into water, and Practice with rescue aids.
- Level 3: Stroke development. Swimmers will be working on jumping into water over their head, gliding, front and back crawl progressions, backstroke, breast stroke and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement. Swimmers will be working on deep water rhythmic breathing, freestyle with side breathing, rotary breathing, scissors kick and sidestroke, whip kick and breaststroke, introduction to turning at wall, treading water with modified scissors, and diving in kneeling position.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement. Swimmers will be working on alternate breathing, technique refinement and endurance of all main strokes: freestyle, backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, dolphin kick and butterfly, open turn on front and back, feet-first surface dive, and treading water, endurance swimming.
- Level 6: Swimming Skills Proficiency. Swimmers will continue working on technique refinements and endurance of all six strokes, front and back crawl flip turn, breaststroke turn, breaststroke speed turn, butterfly turn, sidestroke turn, pike and tuck surface dive, pike and tuck dive from board, legs only treading water, Swim while holding object and basic water rescue.